Experience the Ride of Your Life with World’s First Biocomposite Car!
Are you ready to drive a car made of plants like sugar beet and natural flax? Sounds weird?
Well, meet Lina- the world’s first biocomposite car! And guess what? The car just passed its road safety test in the Netherlands! So get ready to roll. Lina is the brainchild of TU Ecomotive- a bunch of super-talented students from the Eindhoven University of Technology in Netherlands. As the creators themselves explained, Lina is nearly four times more efficient for driving around the city in comparison to BMW I3, Nissan Leaf, and Tesla Model.
Reduce your Carbon Footprint!
Now you do not need to worry about the environment while you drive. Lina is the epitome of sustainability. According to TU/Ecomotive, Lina can radically reduce the carbon footprint compared to other lightweight materials used in the industry. A carbon footprint signifies the total set of greenhouse gas emissions caused by an individual, event, organization, or product and they are currently increasing at a rapid rate. Hence, Lina has the potential to change that and make the world a better place to breathe in!
The automotive industry is already thinking about the future of biodegradable cars and Lina is a great step towards this direction.
Features of the Car
- A four-seat electric light-weight car- just 300kg!
- Power is supplied by modular battery packs, generating a power output of 8 kW using 2 DC-motors.
- The car is built for the city and can reach a maximum speed of 85 kilometers per hour.
- Made from a Flax sandwich material with a polylactic acid (PLA) core
- Made from sugar beet and flax which takes 20% of the energy used to produce today’s aluminum or carbon-fiber based cars.
- Lina comes with many high-tech features. The latest near field communication (NFC) technology has been incorporated into Lina- so you can access the car using your smartphone or a card with an NFC chip (how great is that!)
- The NFC technology in her doors also recognizes different users-making the vehicle highly suitable for car-sharing platforms.
- Lina is certified by the Netherlands Vehicle Authority.
Fighting Climate Change with Technology
The key to climate change control lies in enhanced technology. This is the idea behind Lina’s innovation: Eco-efficiency! The car manufacturers said that due to Lina’s biodegradable nature: “Energy that is saved while driving the car is now spent during the production phase.” The age of electric and biocomposite cars is upon us.
So if you guys want to be environment-friendly and different from the rest, why not take Lina for a test and hit the road today!